Hisuian Avalugg is the latest Pokémon to arrive in Pokémon Go raids, as part of the 2022 Winter Holiday event.
To catch Hisuian Avalugg in Pokémon Go, you must first beat him in a raid to unlock an encounter, where you can throw a number of Premier Balls, depending on factors such as time to beat, whether you worked with a friend, etc. .
Below you will find Hisuian Avalugg’s counterattacks and weaknesses that will help you succeed in Pokémon Go.
In this page:
Cons and weaknesses of Hisuian Avalugg in Pokémon Go
Defeating a Hisuian Avalugg in a raid will give you a chance to catch the Hisuian form of the Iceberg Pokémon. Below you will find Hisuian Avalugg’s counterattacks and weaknesses that will help you achieve this:
- Hisuian Avalugg Types: Ice and Ground
- Hisuian Avalugg is weak against: steel, fire, grass, water and fighting.
- Hisuian Avalugg Mega Counters: Anything that is Mega Fighting or Steel type, except Mega Blaziken (Counter/Focus Blast), Mega Loppuny (Low Kick/Focus Blast), Mega Aggron (Iron Tail/Heavy Slam), and Mega Scizor (Bullet Punch) / Iron Head) are your best options.
- Hisuian Avalugg Counterattacks: Terrakion, Keldeo, Lucario, and Conkeldurr with fighting-type moves. Metagross with Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash is also a great option.
The Winter Holiday event is part of the Mythical Wishes season in Pokémon Go. | Image credit: pokemongolive.com
Hisuian Avalugg CP in Pokémon Go
Below you will find the CP levels to fight for Hisuian Avalugg and, if defeated, catch a Hisuian Avalugg after the fight in Pokémon Go:
- Hisuian Avalugg Raid CP – 26,545 CP
- CP range to capture Hisuian Avalugg: 1892 to 1957 CP
- Weather improvement (snow or cloudy) when caught: 2365 to 2469 CP
- Perfect Hisuian Avalugg CP – 1957 or 2469 (weather enhanced) CP
- Number of trainers needed: two is possible, three is ideal with the best counters. Bring more to beat him faster!
Hisuian Avalugg is the regional form of Avalugg | Image credit: pokemon.com
The Season of Adventure Abundance is here! Its first event is A Paldean Adventure, which sees the true launch of Gen 9 and the special research mission A Paldean Adventure. You can also work on the Timed Investigation: Master Ball mission and compete in Go Battle League. Be sure to compete in Shadow Raids, complete routes, use Daily Adventure Incense for a chance to encounter Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, and Galarian Moltres. This incense can also give you encounters with other rare Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
Hisuian Avalugg’s Best Moveset in Pokémon Go
Hisuian Avalugg has a decent moveset! Powder snow (fast) with blizzard and rock slide (loaded) is undoubtedly the option you are looking for.
Below you can find Hisuian Avalugg’s full Pokémon Go moveset:
- Powder snow tail (ice)
- Entry (normal)
- Bite (dark)
- Blizzard (Ice)
- Rock slide (rock)
- Crackle (dark)
Everything we know about Hisuian Avalugg
Hisuian Avalugg is an Ice/Ground-type Pokémon from the Hisui region, first seen in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
According to the official Pokédex entry, ‘The ice armor covering its lower jaw puts steel to shame and can break rocks with ease. This Pokémon runs up steep mountain paths, through deep snow.’ So it’s no surprise that this is one of the boss encounters you’ll encounter in the world of Hisui.
Its modern equivalent, Avalugg, has the following entry in the Pokédex: “At high latitudes, this Pokémon can be found with clumps of Bergmite on its back while swimming among icebergs.”
Hisuian Avalugg is pretty useless in Great League and Ultra League, but is reasonable in Master League, where Ice-type Pokémon are particularly useful. It’s by no means a featured Pokémon, but it could be an interesting case if you think there’s a place on your team for it.
Good luck defeating Hisuian Avalugg in Pokémon Go!
To view this content, please enable targeting cookies. Manage cookie settings