Cipher missions were introduced in Chapter 4, Season 1 of Fortnite, but they actually continue until the beginning of Chapter 4, Season 2.
Some of these tasks appear like any other in Fortnite, but others are actually encrypted and you’ll have to figure out what they’re asking you to do to earn all the rewards.
Below we detail how the event works, all of the Cipher rewards and challenges currently in Fortnite, and how to complete the Cipher challenges once they’ve been cracked.
In this page:
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 4 Launch Game Trailer
Fortnite Encrypted and Unencrypted Crypto Missions Explained
From February 28 to Tuesday, March 7, new Cipher quests will be added to Fortnite every day. However, you actually have until Friday, March 10, after the release of Chapter 4, Season 2, to complete all the challenges and get your rewards.
Most of Cipher’s challenges are not encrypted, meaning you can read them in your quest list like any other task. However, there are some mysterious encrypted challenges that need to be deciphered to know which task you need to complete.
After completing an encrypted mission, you will unlock the next one when it becomes available.
XP is earned by completing individual Cipher challenges, and you’ll also earn new cosmetic rewards for completing a certain number of both encrypted and unencrypted challenges before the event ends on Friday, March 10.
You can try to crack the ciphers on your own, but we’ll add what each quest cipher is below when the community figures it out if you want to know what they are.
Fortnite Crypto Rewards
As mentioned above, you earn XP for completing individual Cipher challenges, but you’ll also unlock cosmetics for reaching certain completion milestones for both encrypted and unencrypted challenges.
Here are all the Cipher rewards in Fortnite and how to get them:
|Fortnite Crypto Reward||How to get|
|Keep the peace spray||Complete 7 unencrypted cipher missions.|
|Order loading screen||Complete 15 unencrypted cipher missions.|
|Decrypted emoticon||Complete 24 unencrypted cipher missions.|
|Circuit Wrapping||Complete 3 encrypted cipher missions.|
|Distant Roar Spray||Complete on 188.8.131.52.27. 1.22 184.108.40.206.20.21 220.127.116.11 encrypted task (we’ll add what this is when we know)|
All Cipher cosmetic rewards.
Unencrypted Fortnite encryption challenges listed
You get 10K XP for completing each Cipher task in Fortnite.
Thanks to iFireMonkey on Twitter for this information, here are all the current and upcoming Uncrypted Challenges in Fortnite:
- Visit the Bastion Outposts (3)
- Collect ammo from chests (100)
- Upgrade vehicles with off-road tires or cow picker (3)
- Hit your opponents with ranged weapons from 75 meters or more (5)
- Get kills with a weapon of uncommon rarity or higher (3) – Part 1 of 3
- Get kills with a weapon of rare or higher rarity (3) – Part 2 of 3
- Get kills with a weapon of epic rarity or higher (3) – Part 3 of 3
- Get kills with a weapon of legendary rarity or higher (3)
- Damage opponents with the Infantry Rifle or Six Shooter (300) – Part 1 of 3
- Damage opponents with the Infantry Rifle or Six Shooter (1000) – Part 2 of 3
- Damage opponents with the Infantry Rifle or the Six Shooter (2000) – Part 3 of 3
- Damage opponents with the Infantry Rifle or Six Shooter (3500)
- Mark targets with the Falcon Scout (3)
- Driving a vehicle in different named places (5)
- Deal explosive damage to enemy players (250)
- Collect bars from eliminated players (50)
- Full rewards (3)
- Purchase items from a character or vending machine (5)
- Rep Boosts (3)
- Place recruitment posters (4)
- Spending Bars (250) – Part 1 of 3
- Spending Bars (750) – Part 2 of 3
- Spending Bars (2500) – Part 3 of 3
- Spending bars (5000)
- Earn shields (150)
- Destroy objects while in a vehicle (45)
- Deal damage to players with assault rifles (500)
- Survive Opponents (50) – Part 1 of 3
- Survive Opponents (150) – Part 2 of 3
- Survive Opponents (300) – Part 3 of 3
Remember, you only have until Friday, March 10 to complete these challenges and get your rewards.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 4 is here! To help you get started with this heist-themed season, we have guides on how to alert a security camera, protect data from Forecast Towers, and destroy weakened security walls or doors. There’s also a new Victory Umbrella! In the meantime, learn what the best weapons are, the current boosts, how to get XP quickly, how to use the best PC builds, and earn a crown of victory.
How to Complete Fortnite’s Cipher Challenges
With the same information from iFireMonkey on Twitter, we already know what the codes are to decrypt the encrypted challenges, but we don’t know them all yet!
We will add more solutions when they have been cracked. Good luck completing the Cipher challenges!
If you want to learn more about Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1, visit our guides on the best PC builds, a tier list of the best weapons, how to get both Geralt skins, how to get XP quickly, character locations, and animal locations .
To view this content, please enable targeting cookies. Manage cookie settings