What is Roblox error code 279?
Roblox error code 279 is an error that indicates a problem connecting to the game server. A common error message you’ll see is “Unable to connect to game.” To resolve error code 279, players can try to troubleshoot the network connection, refresh the game page, restart the game client, or contact the Roblox support team for further assistance.
Reasons for Roblox Error Code 279
This error can have several causes, including:
- Network connection issues: A weak or unstable network connection may cause this error. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as server maintenance, heavy network traffic, or network issues on your end.
- Firewall or antivirus software: Sometimes, a firewall or antivirus software on your computer can interfere with Roblox games and prevent them from connecting to the server.
- Expired game sessions: If a game session is inactive for an extended period of time, it may expire and players may receive error code 279 when trying to reconnect.
- Roblox server issues: Roblox servers may sometimes experience downtime or other issues that prevent players from connecting to the game.
How to fix Roblox error code 279?
There are many ways to fix Roblox error code 279. Here are some methods you can follow to resolve Roblox error code 279.
Step 1: Restart your router
- First, unplug your modem and network router from the electrical outlet.
- Next, wait 15 seconds.
- Then, plug the modem back into the outlet and wait approximately five minutes.
- Now, turn on the router.
- Next, wait for the modem’s light to turn green.
- After that, connect your computer to the Internet and check if the error occurs again in Roblox.
Step 2: Use a strong internet connection
When someone shares your network, your device’s network may be weak in some cases, which may also result in Roblox error code 279.
- In this case, you can reset your network password.
- In some cases, your system may be downloading large files, and your network bandwidth may not be sufficient to handle the large number of downloads and games simultaneously.
- In this case, please wait for the download to complete.
- You can use an Ethernet cable to get a good network connection.
Step 3: Disable or set up firewall
In rare cases, disabling or setting up the firewall will resolve Roblox error code 279
- First, open the Windows Start menu.
- Next, in the search bar, type or enter Windows Defender Firewall.
- In this case, please review and click to turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- The option to turn off the firewall is now selected on both private and public networks.
- Finally, click OK.
Step 4: Use a different browser
There are several browsers available. Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer are some of the options you can choose from. Opera GX, Vivaldi browser, Brave browser and UR browser also support Roblox games.
- Therefore, if error code 279 appears in one browser, you can open another browser to check whether the problem has been resolved.
Step 5: Open the port
- First, log into the router’s control panel.
- Next, check out the port forwarding options.
- Now type or enter the IP address.
- In the Port range, type or enter 49152-65535.
- For Protocol, select UDP.
- Finally, restart your router and see if Roblox works again.
Step 6: Disable browser add-ons
Add-ons on your browser can cause interruptions, resulting in errors.
- Therefore, please disable browser add-ons.
Step 7: Turn off antivirus software
Using anti-virus software may cause error codes such as 279 to appear.
- So, if you are using any antivirus software, please turn it on for some time.
Step 8: Restart your computer
In some cases, restarting your PC can resolve Roblox Error Code 279 Apart from Roblox Error Code 279, many other errors can also be resolved by restarting your PC.
Step 9: Contact Customer Support
If none of the above methods resolve Roblox error code 279, then you can contact customer support and tell them about the error.
Disclaimer: The above information is for general information purposes only. All information on this website is provided in good faith, but we make no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on this website.