To raise awareness and motivate the youth, the Indian Army announced the Battle of Minds 2023 contest on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Vijay Kargil Diwas.
Source: Press Information Office
This is a nationwide trivia contest that will be held for students of the school. The quiz is designed to test the knowledge and innovation of young minds and promote Indian Army values such as courage, determination and teamwork.
The Press Information Office states: “In a momentous step towards advancing knowledge and empowering youth, the Indian Army proudly unveiled ‘Battle of Minds’ – Indian Army Quiz 2023 along with its captivating logo, today at the Manekshaw Center in Delhi Cantonment” .
“To herald the start of the 25th year of the Kargil Vijay Divas celebrations, the quiz contest celebrates the victory of the Indian Armed Forces in the Kargil War and pays a heartfelt tribute to the bravery and courage of those who made that victory.” Add.
What is the eligibility to enter the Indian Army quiz?
The event will take place in a hybrid modality, both face-to-face and online, and is aimed at students between the ages of 10 and 16.
Also, the quiz will have 5 rounds including:
- Round 1: It will take place across India with the participation of more than 15,000 online schools.
- Round 2: The round will take place between the top 10% or 2000 schools and will also take place online.
- Round 3: The top 216 teams will be shortlisted for this round and will have an online matchup.
- Round 4: In this round, 72 schools will compete offline.
- Round 5: This will be a nationwide round with 12 final schools.
The participation of students from all mixed centers is mandatory. This is to ensure that there is equal participation of boys and girls.
Registration for this quiz is free and there are many interesting prizes for the winners. The Press Information Office mentions: “The modality of conducting the trivia contest focuses on five key elements, namely,
- Inclusiveness: Open to all schools where the English language is the primary or secondary medium of instruction;
- Equity: ensure a female participant from each mixed school to promote balance;
- Fair play: uphold meritocracy, with the help of accessible tutorials;
- Free registration; and
- Attractive prizes: In particular, rewards for accompanying schools, students and teachers, with prizes exceeding Rs 4 crores, including buses for the top 12 schools and more than 360 laptops for students and teachers.
To conclude, the Battle of Minds Quiz 2023 is a great way for students to learn more about the Indian Army and its role in national security. It is also an opportunity for them to show their knowledge and patriotism.