Drampa, one of the many Generation 7 Pokémon, debuted in Pokémon Go during the Season of Eternal Journeys.
Released during the Lunar New Year: Dragons Unleashed event in Pokémon Go in February 2024, Drampa is a Normal and Dragon-type Pokémon that takes inspiration from Chinese dragons.
Below you’ll learn how to get Drampa in Pokémon Go, and since it appears in raids, we’ve also included Drampa’s counters and weaknesses.
In this page:
To view this content, please enable targeting cookies. Manage cookie settings
Watch Guzzlord, one of the Ultra Beasts, fight in Pokémon GoWatch on YouTube
How to get Drampa in Pokémon Go
Drampa made its first appearance in Pokémon Go on Monday, February 5, 2024 as part of the Lunar New Year: Dragons Unleashed event.
Here’s how you can catch Drampa during the Lunar New Year: Dragons Unleashed event:
- Event Exclusive Field Research Tasks: Earn 3 Raids
- In three-star raids
How you get Drampa depends on whether you want to spend time searching for your Field Research task. You might get lucky and quickly find the event-exclusive task, but there’s a good chance you’ll find yourself spinning a lot of PokéStops. This is because the tasks offered by PokéStops change daily and you can still collect seasonal field research tasks along with event-exclusive ones.
For this reason, we recommend joining a local Pokémon Go group if you want to catch Drampa through its event-exclusive research task. It’s possible that someone has already found the PokéStop you’re looking for…
It’s also important to note that there are two other possible rewards for this research task: encounters with Druddigon or Turtonator, so even if you get and complete this challenge, you may have to complete it a second time to catch Drampa.
If you prefer to catch Drampa through raids, it is important to remember that Drampa is a three-star raid boss. Because of this, unless you have a team of powerful Pokémon, you will most likely have a hard time defeating Drampa on your own. You can always use a Remote Raid Pass and apps like Poke Genie to join raids around the world along with other trainers.
Since Drampa doesn’t evolve, you only need to catch one to complete its section in the Pokédex. We highly recommend catching Drampa during the Lunar New Year: Dragons Unleashed event, because as of this writing, we don’t know what the spawn rate for this Pokémon will be once it ends. There’s a chance that, like other recently released Pokémon, Drampa will be difficult to find once this event ends, so it’s worth catching it while you have time.
It’s the Season of Eternal Journeys in Pokémon Go, so be sure to complete the Eternal Journeys quest! The Lunar New Year: Dragons Unleased event is currently taking place and marks the debut of Drampa! During it, take the time to try out Routes, Gift Exchange, and Party Play while you hunt for rare Pokémon, battle in Go Battle League, or compete in PokéStop Showcases.
Cons and weaknesses of Drampa in Pokémon Go
Here are Drampa’s counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go:
- Drampa Type: Normal and Dragon type
- Drampa is weak against: Dragon, Fairy, Fighting and Ice Type.
- Drampa Mega Counters: Mega Abomasnow, Mega Lopunny, Mega Blaziken, Mega Glalie, Mega Gardevoir or Mega Medicham.
- Drampa Counters: for Fairy, Granbull, Gardevoir, Togekiss, Sylveon, Tapu Koko or Zacian types. For Fighting, Machamp, Breloom, Lucario, Cobalion, Terrakion or Conkeldurr types. For Ice, Glaceon, Weavile, Mamoswine, Kyurem, Galarian Darmanitan or Baxcalibur types.
- Other Drampa Notes: Do not use Dragon-type Pokémon against Drampa as, while it is weak to them, it also has an advantage over these Pokémon. Because of this, there is a good chance that your Dragon type will be taken out fairly quickly.
Image credit: Niantic
Drampa CP in Pokémon Go
Drampa has the following CP ranges in Pokémon Go:
- Raid Boss CP for Drampa – 19,747 CP
- Max Drampa CP at level 40 – 2914 CP
- Maximum normal CP to catch Drampa: 1588 to 1665 CP
- Maximum weather increase CP (partly cloudy or windy) to catch Drampa: 1985 to 2081 CP
Image credit: Niantic
Drampa Moveset in Pokémon Go
Our recommendation for Drampa’s moveset in Pokémon Go is Dragon Breath as a fast move and Outrage as a charged move. You could swap out Dragon Breath for Extrasensory to give it a quick psychic-type attack, but that would decrease the amount of damage Drampa is capable of dealing.
Below you will find Drampa’s full moveset in Pokémon Go:
Possible quick moves:
- Dragon Breath (Dragon)
- Extrasensory (Psychic)
Possible charged moves:
- Dragon Pulse (Dragon)
- Fly fly)
- Outrage (Dragon)
Good luck catching Drampa in Pokémon Go!